How Can Tenants Renting Through RealWay Redcliffe Pay Their Rent?

RealWay Redcliffe offers tenants several options to pay their rent:

  • Cheque or money order
  • Direct debit from their nominated bank account
  • RealWay RealPay card
  • Credit card
  • BPAY
  • Deduction from Centrelink benefit
Click here to pay by credit card online.
Please see Useful Forms and Links to download direct debit and RealPay application forms.
Should you require any further information on this or any other matters, you can contact us by phone on 07 3883 9999 or email us at
Rent Increases

The rent can`t be increased during a fixed term agreement unless a special term of the tenancy agreement states that the rent can be increased.

If the fixed term agreement allows for rent increases, the lessor/agent must give the tenant at least one month`s notice in writing before increasing the rent.

Sometimes, lessors will offer a tenant a rent discount if they pay the rent before the due date. This is OK. However, lessors can`t have an agreement with the tenant where they`ll get a discount if they don`t damage the place or don`t break the tenancy agreement. Also, a tenant cannot be charged a fee if the rent is late.

The rent can be increased at the end of a fixed term agreement, or at any time during a periodic agreement. If the rent is being increased during a periodic agreement, the lessor/agent must give the tenant at least two month`s notice in writing. The written notice can be a letter saying how much the rent will increase by, and the day when the tenant needs to start to pay the increased rent. No notice is required for a rent increase from one fixed term to another (during the renewal of a fixed term agreement) but we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible.

If the rent goes up, the lessor/agent might also ask the tenant to pay more rental bond. Notice of bond increase can only be given if it is at least 11 months since the last bond increase. One month`s notice about the bond increase must be given. The extra bond must be lodged with the RTA using either a Bond Lodgement (Form 2) or Part Payment of Rental Bond (Form 7).